Mrs. Malphy's Taste of Books

Friday, September 3, 2010

Off to a Great Start!

Well, I've got the first week of school under my belt already and what a great start it has been!  My schedule has changed this year and I'm working with all of the elementary students once a week instead of just the upper elementary twice a week.  There are a lot of students whose names I am just learning, but I will get there! 

The response to my Read S'more Books! Reading Challenge has been AWESOME!  I can't believe how many students are participating and that's great to see.  Some students have been in every day this week to check out new books because they finished the ones they had the night before.  They are definitely devouring them, that's for sure!  I can't wait to see what our final total is at the end of October.  I think we'll definitely be past our 500 books!

I have a lot of exciting lessons coming up in the next couple of weeks and I can't wait to share them along with some great new books.  It is definitely going to be a fun year in the Library!

No comments:

Post a Comment