Mrs. Malphy's Taste of Books

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Miss My Free Reading Time!

This semester I am a college student again taking an online class called Leadership and Administration of Library and Technology Programs through the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater as part of my 902 Professional Licensure Program.  While I love taking classes, meeting new people and learning new things, I must confess that I miss my free reading time.

As a mom of two little boys, much of my free reading time was spent reading picture books to the boys and watching them develop a love of books just like both their father and I have.  While I still am reading to them, I must admit, it isn't as much as it was just a mere short month ago when I had all sorts of time to devote to this and I miss it.

Is there an end in sight?  I'm afraid not unless you can fast forward the calendar to December 2013 when I will be done with all 6 courses.  Until then, it will be classroom readings for me and the reading I do with my students at school and that will have to pacify me until December 2013 when I'll be able to devour books again.  Until then, I'll keep reading blog posts, my Twitter feed and other posts on great books and add them to my TBR pile until I can actually get to them.

Now, off to bed to sneak in a little bit of reading...I think tonight's reading will be The Fault in Our Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment